Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Baby Sounds & Noises

As a mom I  trust my baby monitor quiet a lot.  When I found out I was expecting I knew I had to buy a baby monitor no one really told me. I didn't go for the camera monitor or the high-end movement sensor monitor they can be quiet expensive. I selected the 20 DLLs fisher price monitor; I cant really call it old school because that would mean having no monitor at all.

Having said that, I believe every mother/parent will develop her own sound and baby dictionary in her brain.  A  mother/parent will know if  a baby sounds means Im tired, Im awake, I have a dirty diaper, Im playing with my toys and so many  more things. It is amazing the connection we develop with our children and the  communication surpasses language and starts with sounds, noises, sign language. I believe this type of communication is a stepping stone to a great verbal communication in the long run. yet there is always the exception to the rule.

In this post I just wanted to create an awareness of the unique connection of parent-baby communication from very early on.

What mother would say they understand what their friends baby is saying at all times? I can probably decipher what is going on with m y baby in a second yet when trying to  understand/ decipher what another friends child is needing or saying is quiet hard and in need of an interpreter ( most probably their parent)- and I'm talking about babies not older speaking children and even then sometimes is quiet the adventure.  Most families develop unique words for their nap time, bottle of milk, going to the bath room , snacks an many more..  I have heard so many here are some: " minis" '"eshe" " tutu" " mimi" "chupis" nanai""oko" just to mentions some.. Im sure there are thousands..
And don't take me wrong Im not criticizing on the other hand I embrace it and believe it greats a stronger bond between the child and the parent.

So to the new mom out there wether or not you get the high end baby monitor know that you will naturally develop an understanding what every little sound coming out of that precious being means.

I hope this post helps a mom out there.

 Much love,

Anny.

No comments:

Post a Comment